Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My 30 Day Challenge

Today marks the 1 month mark until the kids go back to school!  I honestly don't know how this has happened or where the time has gone, but I wish the weeks would slow down.  Granted, it has been over 105 degrees for weeks on end and there is only so much you can do inside, but still my heart hurts to think of all three of them heading back to school. 
I have been following the blog of a woman for well over a year now, not because she has anything earth shattering to say, but just because she manges to recap almost each day of life with her family of 6 who recently became 8.  I want that!! I guess I tend to think I need to wait for the big things in life before I record them on this blog, but I am realizing that the small snippets of life will be the most amazing to look back on some day.  So to tie all of this together, I am challenging myself to write something each of the remaining 30 days that the kids will be home, no matter how mundance.  My hopes are that this will just become habit and that I can learn to keep a journal of the big things as well as the small!
Without further adieu.............
Bella is learning to play the guitar!!

Randy has already taught her a few chords and even though her fingers are so sore, she is persisting in practicing.  I love watching them together...the father-the daughter, the teacher-the student.
Two years ago, Randy picked up the guitar for the first time and though he has always had an ear for music, I was shocked how fast he picked it up!  Not nearly as shocked as how it has CHANGED him. His favorite thing to do, hands down is to sit and get absorbed in playing praise music and I love that our house is always full of it.  New songs being tried out for church, needtobreathe playing nearly every waking moment, and I can't wait to see if Bella falls in love with it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment